The EU-funded “Increasing Capacity of CSOs and SMEs to Implement FLEGT Requirements” Project, implemented by NEPCon and SFMI, is inviting small and medium sized enterprises working in the timber industry to join a pilot programme for a set of risk mitigation tools aiming at sourcing low risk timber.
Selected enterprises can benefit from:
- Training in quality management aspects to help comply with strict overseas timber market requirements
- Training in the use of the toolkit and sourcing legal timber
- Action plan for business tailored by local and international experts to close any gaps and communicate status to customers
Requirements for applicants:
- Being an enterprise trading and/or processing timber and timber products
- Being an SME according to the decree number 56/2009/ND-CP
- Selling material/products into an EU supply (either directly or indirectly) or wishing to
The trainings and pilot period are expected to take place from June to October 2015 (inclusive).
Interested enterprises please VNFLEGT@nepcon.net or 04 3 200 5755 before 30 May 2015. For more information, please see our first call.